Prior to any renovation work, all residents are required to submit a renovation request, detailing the nature of the work to be performed in their suite. The strata council will review and respond to all requests as quickly as possible. Once approved, owners are responsible for obtaining any required permits and having any necessary inspections performed. It is also the owner’s responsibility to ensure that only licensed tradespeople are used.
For security reasons workers/contractors must check-in with the resident manager when they enter the building.
No structural alteration to the interior of any strata lot shall be made, and no plumbing or electrical work within any bearing or party wall, if any, shall be made without the prior written consent of the Council.
Please note that installation of flooring must meet or exceed the noise barrier quality of flooring material originally installed by the developer. The original flooring material was a carpet with high noise suppression quality.
To complete this form you will need to upload the following documents:
- A signed copy of the Assumption of liability agreement
- A copy of your insurance policy (main page)
- A copy of WorkSafeBC Clearance letters for your contractor/ electrician/ plumber (if using any)
- A copy of your contractor/ electrician/ plumber (if using any) insurance policy (main page)
- Any other files that you believe are important for the project approval